Estimation of Water Quality and Population forecasting
Estimation of ground and surface water resources. quality o f water from different sources, demand & quantity o f water, fire demand, water requirement for various uses, fluctuations in demand, forecast of population.
Design of Sewer
Introduction of Water and Waste water. Estimation of Sewage Discharge. Design periods. Hydraulic Design of Sewers. Sewer Construction, Sewer Appurtenances. Intake structure, conveyance of water, pipe materials, pumps - operation & pumping stations
Quality of water and Wastewater
Qualities of water and wastewater and their significance , Impurities of water and their significance, water-borne diseases, physical, chemical and bacteriological analysis o f water and wastewater, water and wastewater standards for different uses.
Treatment of Water
Water Treatment methods- theory and design of sedimentation, coagulation, filtration, disinfection, aeration & water softening, modern trends in sedimentation & filtration, miscellaneous methods of treatment. Layout and hydraulics o f different distribution systems.
Treatment of Waste Water
Wastewater Treatment Technologies. Screening, Grit Chamber, Skimming Tank, Sedimentation, Sedimenattion with Coagulation, Biological Filtration treatment of sewage. Oxidation Pond/ditch, Activated Sludge Process, Sludge Blanket Reactor.
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
1. Water Supply and Waste Water Engineering by B. C. Punmia - Laxmi Publications (P) Ltd. New
2. Water Supply & Sanitar y Engg. by G.S. Bird i - Laxmi Publications (P) Ltd. New Delhi
3. Water & Waste Water Technology by Mark J.Hammer - Prentice - Hall of India, New Delhi
4. Environmental Engineer ing - H.S. Peavy & D.R.Rowe - Mc Graw Hill Bo ok Company, New Delhi
5. Water Supply & Sanitar y Engg. by S. K. Husain
6. Water & Waste Water Technology - G.M. Fair & J.C. Geyer
7. Sewage Disposal and Air pollution Engineering by S. K. Garg Khanna Publishers.
You May Also Like
- CE-5001 - Transportation Engineering
- CE-5002 - Quantity Surveying & Costing
- CE-5003 - Structural Analysis-II
- CE-5004 - Construction Material & Techniques
- CE-5005 - Water Resources Engineering
- CE-5005 - Construction Planning & Management
- CE-5005 - Advance Fluid Mechanics
- CE-5006 - Civil Engineering Software Lab