Basic Principles of Structural Design : Assumptions, Mechanism of load transfer, Various properties of concrete and reinforcing steel, Introduction to working stress method and limit state methods of design, partial safety factor for load and material. Calculation of various loads for structural design of singly reinforced beam, Partial load factors.
Design of Beams: Doubly reinforced rectangular & Flanged Beams, Lintel, Cantilever, simply supported and continuous beams, Beams with compression reinforcement: Redistribution of moments in continuous beams, Circular girders: Deep beams. Design of beam for shear and bond.
Design of Slabs: Slabs spanning in one direction. Cantilever, Simply supported and Continous slabs, Slabs spanning in two directions, Circular slabs, Waffle slabs, Flat slabs, Yield line theory.
Columns & Footings: Effective length of columns, Short and long cloumns- Square, Rectangular and Circular columns, Isolated and combined footings, Strap footing, Columns subjected to axial loads and bending moments (sections with no tension), Raft foundation.
Staircases: Staircases with waist slab having equal and unequal flights with different support conditions,Slabless tread-riser staircase.
NOTE :- All the designs for strength and serviceability should strictly be as per the latest version of IS:456. Use of SP-16 (Design aids)
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
1. Plain & Reinforced Concrete Vol. I & II – O.P. Jain & Jay Krishna
2. Limit State Design by P.C.Varghese ; Prentice Hall of India, New Delhi
3. Design of Reinforced Concrete Elements by Purushothman; Tata McGraw Hill, New Delhi
4. Reinforced Cement Concrete by Gupta & Mallick, Oxford and IBH
5. Reinforced Cement Concrete by P. Dayaratnam, Oxford and IBH
6. Plain & reinforced concrete - Rammuttham
7. Plain & reinforced concrete – B.C. Punnia
8. Structural Design & Drawing by N.K.Raju.
9. Design of Concrete Structure, Ramchandra & V.Gehlot, Scientific Publisher, Jodhpur
You May Also Like
- CE-6001 - Design of Hydraulic Structures
- CE-6003 - Geotechnical Engineering-I
- CE-6004 - Highway Engineering
- CE-6005 - Advanced Water Resources Engineering
- CE-6005 - Computational Methods in Structural Engineering
- CE-6005 - Environmental Impact Assessment
- CE-6005 - Intellectual Property Rights
- CE-6006 - Design of Hydraulic Structures(Lab)
- CE-6007 - Creativity and Entrepreneurship Development