Introduction: Historical development ,Vision of Cloud Computing, Characteristics of cloud computing as per NIST , Cloud computing reference model ,Cloud computing environments, Cloud services requirements, Cloud and dynamic infrastructure, Cloud Adoption and rudiments .Overview of cloud applications: ECG Analysis in the cloud, Protein structure prediction, Gene Expression Data Analysis ,Satellite Image Processing ,CRM and ERP ,Social networking
Cloud Computing Architecture: Cloud Reference Model, Types of Clouds, Cloud Interoperability & Standards, Scalability and Fault Tolerance, Cloud Solutions: Cloud Ecosystem, Cloud Business Process Management, Cloud Service Management. Cloud Offerings: Cloud Analytics, Testing Under Control, Virtual Desktop Infrastructure.
Cloud Management & Virtualization Technology: Resiliency, Provisioning, Asset management, Concepts of Map reduce , Cloud Governance, High Availability and Disaster Recovery. Virtualization: Fundamental concepts of compute ,storage, networking, desktop and application virtualization .Virtualization benefits, server virtualization, Block and file level storage virtualization Hypervisor management software, Infrastructure Requirements , Virtual LAN(VLAN) and Virtual SAN(VSAN) and their benefits
Cloud Security: Cloud Information security fundamentals, Cloud security services, Design principles, Secure Cloud Software Requirements, Policy Implementation, Cloud Computing Security Challenges, Virtualization security Management, Cloud Computing Secutity Architecture
Market Based Management of Clouds , Federated Clouds/Inter Cloud: Characterization & Definition ,Cloud Federation Stack , Third Party Cloud Services . Case study : Google App Engine, Microsoft Azure , Hadoop , Amazon , Aneka
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
List of Experiments:
1. Installation and configuration of Hadoop/Euceliptus etc.
2. Service deployment & Usage over cloud.
3. Management of cloud resources.
4. Using existing cloud characteristics & Service models .
5. Cloud Security Management. 6. Performance evaluation of services over cloud .
1. Buyya, Selvi ,” Mastering Cloud Computing “,TMH Pub
2. Kumar Saurabh, “Cloud Computing” , Wiley Pub
3. Krutz , Vines, “Cloud Security “ , Wiley Pub
4. Velte, “Cloud Computing- A Practical Approach” ,TMH Pub
5. Sosinsky, “ Cloud Computing” , Wiley Pub