Introduction Computers and its Impact in Society, Overview of Computer and Web Technology, Need for Cyber Law, Cyber Jurisprudence at International and Indian Level, Cyber Law - International Perspectives UN & International Telecommunication Union (ITU) Initiatives Council of Europe - Budapest Convention on Cybercrime, Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation (APEC), Organization for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD), World Bank, Commonwealth of Nations.
Constitutional & Human Rights Issues in Cyberspace Freedom of Speech and Expression in Cyberspace, Right to Access Cyberspace – Access to Internet, Right to Privacy, Right to Data Protection, Cyber Crimes & Legal Framework Cyber Crimes against Individuals, Institution and State, Hacking, Digital Forgery, Cyber Stalking/Harassment, Cyber Pornography, Identity Theft & Fraud Cyber terrorism, Cyber Defamation.
Cyber Torts Cyber Defamation, Different Types of Civil Wrongs under the IT Act 2000, Intellectual Property Issues in Cyber Space Interface with Copyright Law, Interface with Patent Law, Trademarks & Domain Names Related issues
E-Commerce Concept, E-commerce-Salient Features, Online approaches like B2B, B2C & C2C Online contracts, Click Wrap Contracts, Applicability of Indian Contract Act, 1872,
Dispute Resolution in Cyberspace, Concept of Jurisdiction, Indian Context of Jurisdiction and IT Act, 2000. International Law and Jurisdictional Issues in Cyberspace, Dispute Resolutions .
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
1. Chris Reed & John Angel, Computer Law, OUP, New York.
2. Justice Yatindra Singh, Cyber Laws, Universal Law Publishing Co, New Delhi.
3. Verma S, K, Mittal Raman, Legal Dimensions of Cyber Space, Indian Law Institute.
4. Jonthan Rosenoer, Cyber Law, Springer, New York.
5. Sudhir Naib, The Information Technology Act, 2005: A Handbook, OUP, New York.
6. S. R. Bhansali, Information Technology Act, 2000, University Book House Pvt. Ltd.