Introduction to Finite element method: General applicability and description of finite element method, comparison with other methods.
Solution of finite element method: Solution of equilibrium problems, eigen value problems, propagation problems, computer implementation of Gaussian eliminations, Choleskis decomposition, Jocobis and Ranga-Kutta method.
General procedure of finite element method: Descretization of the domain, selection of shapes, types and number of elements, node numbering technique, interpolation, polynomials, their selection and derivation in terms of global and local coordinates, convergence requirements. Formulation of element characteristic matrices and vectors, variational approach.
Iso-parametric formulation: Lagrange and Hermite interpolation functions, isoparametric elements, numerical integration.
Static analysis: Formulation of equilibrium equation, analysis of truss, frames, plane stress and plane strain problems.
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
1. Weaver, Johnson, Finite element and structural analysis
2. HC Martin, Matrix structural analysis
3. CF Abel, CS Desai, Finite element methods
4. Buchanan, Finite element Analysis (Schaum Outline S), TMH
5. Krishnamurthy, Finite element analysis, TM
You May Also Like
- CE-8001 - Advanced Structural Design-II (Steel)
- CE-8002 - Geo-Technical Engineering -II
- CE-8003 - Pre-stress Concrete Design-II
- CE-8003 - Traffic Engineering
- CE-8003 - Urban Transportation Planning
- CE-8003 - Disaster Risk Management
- CE-8004 - Sustainable Design & Construction
- CE-8004 - Waste disposal & Management
- CE-8004 - Geo Informatics