Housing Scenario: Introducing, Status of urban housing, Status of Rural Housing. b) Housing Finance: Introducing, Existing finance system in India, Government role as facilitator, Status at Rural Housing Finance, Impedimental in housing finance and related issues. (c) Land use and physical planning for housing: Introduction, Planning of urban land, Urban land ceiling and regulation act, Efficiency of building bye laws, Residential Densities.
Development and adopting sustainable construction technology: Introduction, Adoption of innovative cost effective construction techniques, Adoption of pre-cast elements in partial prefabrication, Adopting of total prefabrication of mass housing in India, General remarks on pre cast rooting/flooring systems, Economical wall system, Single Brick thick loading bearing wall, 19cm thick load bearing masonry walls, Half brick thick load bearing wall, Fly ash-gypsum brick for masonry, Stone Block masonry, Adoption of pre-cast R.C. plank and join system for roof/floor in the building.
Alternative building materials for sustainable construction: Introduction, Substitute for scarce materials, Ferro-cement- Gypsum boards, Timber substitutions, Industrial wastes, Agricultural wastes, cement-soil blocks for masonry, stabilized mud construction Low cost Infrastructure services: Introducing- Present status- Technological options- Low cost sanitation’s Domestic wall- Water supply- energy.
Housing the urban poor: Introduction, Living conditions in slums, Approaches and strategies for housing urban poor. Rural Housing: Introduction, traditional practice of rural housing continuous, Mud Housing technology, Mud roofs, Characteristics of mud, Fire resistant treatment for thatched roof, Soil stabilization, Rural Housing programs.
Construction in Disaster Prone areas: Introduction, Earthquake, Damages to houses, Traditional Housing in disaster prone areas, Type of Damages of non-engineered buildings, Repair and restore action of earthquake Damaged non-engineered buildings recommendations for future constructions, Requirements of structural safety of thin pre-cast roofing units against earthquake forces, Status of R& D in earthquake strengthening measures, Floods- cyclone, future safety
- Unit 1
- Unit 2
- Unit 3
- Unit 4
- Unit 5
1. Building materials for low-income houses – International council for building research studies
2. Hand book of low cost housing by A.K.Lal – Newage international publishers.
3. Properties of Concrete – Neville A.M. Pitman publishing Limited- London.
4. Light weight concrete- Academic kiado- Rudhai .G – Publishing home of Hungarian Academy of Sciences 1963.
5. Low cost Housing – G.C. Mathur
6. Modern trends in housing in developing countries – A.G. Madhava Rao- D.S. Ramachandra Murthy & G.Annamalai.
You May Also Like
- CE-8001 - Advanced Structural Design-II (Steel)
- CE-8002 - Geo-Technical Engineering -II
- CE-8003 - Pre-stress Concrete Design-II
- CE-8003 - Traffic Engineering
- CE-8003 - Urban Transportation Planning
- CE-8003 - Disaster Risk Management
- CE-8004 - Waste disposal & Management
- CE-8004 - Geo Informatics
- CE-8004 - Finite Element Method